If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weather

I'm originally from New England, and I'll admit that I miss a good blizzard.  [And I really miss snow days!  I keep wishing there was some way we could have "fog days" for a little unexpected break from work every now and then.  Imagine that...peeking out the window in the morning to see dense fog in the trees...turning on the radio...and listening to hear if school/work was cancelled in Bodega Bay that day.  Yahoo!]  

Although coastal California can have its share of winter storms, and those often arrive in January and February, the past month feels like it's been one sunny day after another.  With my relatives receiving many feet of drifting snow this weekend, I was feeling a little left out of the interesting weather.  At least the ocean swell picked up this afternoon, resulting in some nice wave splashes against the rocks.


The feeling I had today reminded me of a John Steinbeck quote from Travels with Charley:

“I've lived in good climate, and it bores the hell out of me. I like weather rather than climate.”

No comments: