If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Dreaming of ice

  
You know it's hot when I start dreaming about ice.  I'll admit I'm not a hot-weather person.  It's hard for me to even think when it's this hot.  So here's a simple picture from January 2007.  

I've always referred to the piece of ice in this image as an "ice bear."  It takes a little imagination, but can you see the bear outline, with the head on the left and tail on the right?

It's rare to get ice in tidepools here, but on 13 January 2007, it was cold enough for a thin layer of ice to form in a few of the uppermost tidepools.  I picked up a few pieces and held them against the sky for photos.

I'm working hard to concentrate on the ice bear to remember what it felt like that day...rather than sitting here sweltering!

No comments: