If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Like clockwork

Every year, at this time of year, I have a work task to accomplish in the Bodega Dunes.  I walk through the same areas each time, and almost every year I see one of these:


I had heard that a few Burrowing Owls (Athene cunicularia) had been seen on Bodega Head already this year, so I had my camera ready just in case...and then got lucky.

I also heard that a Burrowing Owl was observed along the Pomo Canyon Trail (near Shell Beach), so keep your eyes open for these charismatic grassland birds.

P.S.  For previous Burrowing Owls posts see 2 March 2015, 6 February 2013, and 19 March 2012.
 

No comments: