If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Thursday, August 11, 2016

The Island

I've been really busy lately, so haven't been out walking much.  And I've been thinking a lot about where I grew up.  So here's a picture of the island in Massachusetts where I spent a lot of time: 


Above the island, you can see the confluence of the North River (coming from the left) and the South River (coming from the right).  The Atlantic Ocean is outside the mouth of the river (to the right side of the photo).

I'm so glad to have a picture like this of where I grew up. Looking at it brings back so many different memories.  Just one photo helps to maintain a long-term sense of place.  I hope all of you have some pictures or memories of important landscapes in your life.

No comments: